Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hell, Fire and Brimestone and he's only 5!

Spencer today in the car.....


"Mom, .....(school friend who shall remain nameless) is always pushing and shoving. He is not very nice. The teacher keeps telling him to keep his hands to himself but he doesn't. I bet he won't go to heaven."

Oh my gosh!!!!! My stomach landed somewhere in my throat and I began a discussion about the difference between not knowing and following Jesus versus just making some poor choices. Seriously, we are not judgemental, dogmatic, intolerant people...really, we're not :-)!!!

3 comments:

Arlene Kasselman said...

Thanks Frank - just what I needed ;-)!!!

Amy S. Grant said...

Arlene, I've been reading your posts and enjoying hearing what's going on in your life. I'll be interested to see how turning 40 is for you since I'm not far myself! I bet you won't feel a day over 39. :)

...and are you sure you're not from Arkansas?

Anonymous said...

Going either way with religion can be bad. Our 5 year old was recently in child care during a Ladies' Bible Study and the worker told me that a little boy had asked Isaac to share his game with him (I think there were only the 2 of them that day) and Isaac said "NO." If that's not enough, when the little boy said, "Jesus says we should share," my little angel looked him in the eye and said, "No he didn't."
The worker was appalled.
I hid a grin and decided not to tell her his daddy is a minister. ;-)