Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Benazir Bhutto

In the global climate in which we live, we all lose with the assassination of Benazir Bhutto.
I keep hearing reports that Bhutto made it almost impossible for security to protect her because she insisted on being among the people, in large crowds. But if she had campaigned or lived her life any other way, she would not have made such a significant mark on the world. That is who she was. At some level, there is just a little less political hope in the world without her.

1 comment:

susan said...

I agree completely. In the last few weeks, there have been several attempts on her life, and yet, she still went "out there". When I heard about her asassination(sp?), I thought..."Well, they finally got her." and when I saw how she was shot after waving to the crowd from the sunroof of her armored car, I just thought "If only she had stayed down in the car", but you are right, that was not her way. She wanted to be among the people. Very sad.