Friday, July 14, 2006

Cleaning Out

I get a little focused when I am on a run of cleaning projects. The projects tend to run together and then before I know it I have gone through every drawer, closet, cabinet in the house and it has been cleaned out, purged and put back together. I have such a huge sense of joy from doing this. Some may call me crazy, others have even hinted at OCD. Those are the nice names.

I'm in the middle of one of these phases right now. And it has me thinking. When Jesus does His business in us a similar thing happens. He cleans us all out, reshapes, reorganizes and puts us back together and we start new. I love that. What's better is that His Spirit protects what He reshapes and maintains us.

I can keep cabinets straight. I am so thankful that it is God's powerful work that keeps me straight.

Going to hear Rob Bell speak tonight...so excited!

2 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

I kinda do that with cleaning too. I think I'm what you would call a "crisis cleaner" - you know when company is coming...

Rob Bell, are you kidding?

Becky said...

I can totally relate to you. I am also sometimes an angry cleaner. Whenever I am angry with my husband, I clean out his closet or his tool shed for him. It allows me to do something nice for him and get out my aggression at the same time! By the time he comes home from work, I am no longer angry and actually pretty proud of what I've done for him. He likes it too. (I found your blog through my brother, Jim Martin.)