Friday, June 02, 2006

Spencer's take on Abilene

Because David is away, I decided to take the kids to Abilene to spend time with my brother, sister-in-law and their cousins. It has been a blast! They always enjoy the time we spend there, but I did not realize just how much Spencer enjoys it.

Spencer: "I wish we could live in Abilene"
Me: "Why, Buddy?"
Spencer: "Because it's more better"
Me: "What makes you say that?"
Spencer: "They have much more water than Amarillo"

Obviously I have missed the tropical, nautical appeal of Abilene! Now I know that Amarillo is dry, but this was a little alarming to me. So I pressed the issue with questions like, "do you mean they get more rain?" and so on. His response was just, "no, they just have more water." After using my best detective skills and trying to figure out what he meant, I realized. He was talking about the pool at the hotel. Aaha! I was so relieved that I had not spent almost 6 years living in Abilene, only to find out what an oasis it was after I moved.

No comments: