Monday, April 10, 2006

I'm back!!!!

I survived it and can tell the tale! This surgery did not go as planned and why am I shocked? My life seems to reflect that theme..lesson here anyone? Yes, they did the colectomy and a surprise hysterectomy at the same time....My hospital stay included 2 nights in CCU because of a 150 beat heart rate and an extended hospital stay. But, I am back in the land of the living on the way to recovery. I go to the doc. tomorrow for him to check the incisions etc and hopefully everything is just peachy. Actually today is my first day at home alone with Spencer and it has made me a little nervous. Our energy levels do not match right now and I know who is going to "outlast, outwit and outplay."
Thanks for the love and care from my blog friends, my church family, my biological family. The treats, magazines, meals, flowers, calls and cards have made each day more sunny.

4 comments:

Dana said...

Welcome back! I've missed you! I am so sorry that things didn't go as planned but at least you are on the way up now.

As a Hyster-sister, I can tell you there will be ups and downs and don't be surprised if you cry over the dumbest things. But it will get better and you will feel so much better soon.

Let me know if I can be of any help even from all the way up in Indiana! Angela has my phone number!

Love you!
Dana

Clint said...

sounds like you got a deal, two for the price of one.
peace

Donna said...

I'm so glad you are back and "on the mend." Prayers continue for you!
hugs, Donna

Amy S. Grant said...

Glad to hear from you again and that you're back among the living. Sounds like it was a rough go for awhile. I hope you continue healing quickly!