1.David comes home tonight from the XPastor conference in Dallas (translation: Executive Ministers all huddled in a hotel talking policy, staffing, lawsuits, administration, - I'm guessing the fun factor was pretty low :-)!!!! Actually, in his defense it was more about people than paper. Yeah, we are ready for him to be home.
2. Anna Nicole Smith died - how strange is that. Okay, I am not a fan but I hate to think of that new baby without a Mom and two possible Dad's, neither of which appear to be up for Parent of the Year award.
3. You know you have an incredible friend, when their sagely words to you are..."the problem is not in your heart, its your mouth." HA - I just can't stop smiling about that. It was great. What a great morning, thanks friend! In her defense, (and to keep my reputation) she was referring to my need to share my personal self discovery overanalyzations. It was not about gossip.
4. I am reading Steinke's book, Healthy Congregations. I love it. I am so convinced by systems theory and how very few conflicts in church are isolated but rather systemic. I guess at some level this makes me a nerd. Was there any question?
5. I joined a gym and have been working out fairly regularly. I'm actually enjoying it. I have started talking to a guy who is there everyday and usually wearing some kind of "G-Unit" t-shirt. Well, yesterday he wasn't and I commented on it. He almost fell over that I (40 year old Caucasian woman in Amarillo, TX) would know G-Unit. He gave me excessive details about how gross and sweaty they were and not yet laundered. Today he was back in uniform and made sure I noticed. I think he thinks I am a fan....At best I can handle a little 50cent, but G-Unit are entirely too "gangsta" for me. Guess I'm going to have to polish up my rhymes....
6. I had my car washed after almost a month of snow, sleet and general yuck in Amarillo. It was so beautiful, that it inspired me to clean the inside, the windows etc etc. Word got out and a bird with a bad case of IBS targeted my windshield. Nothing that a little cleaning couldn't take care of, but geez that is irritating.
7. Had lunch at Nothing But Noodles. Not a cheap place considering you are eating Pasta. We had a table of 5 and asked for more breadsticks. Sure, they said, it will be 54c for 6. Seriously, who has the gutzpa to ask for 54c for bread when a table of 5 have all had entrees and a couple of desserts. And besides, what is the 54c going to cover...
8. I am thankful that my almost 11 year old and my almost 6 year old still like to play together.