Monday, January 23, 2006

Daily Communion

Last night after our small group had finished, the telephone rang and a couple from church asked if they could come over because they had a word from the Lord for me. Of course I said yes to come on over. They arrived and the last 2 families from small group left. They sat down and started telling me that their group was studying the idea of daily communion as something to be used in healing. I have been struggling with some health issues and am facing possible surgery. They had lifted my name up in prayer during their small group and felt led by God to bring over a baggie of pieces of bread and some wine for me to use to partake of daily communion as a way of bringing healing to my physical body. Wow - never quite thought of that before. Still thinking. But it was so impactful. They laid hands on me and prayed over me and then I took the bread and dipped it in the wine. They talked more about the very act being a sign to the demons that I was standing on holy ground and they were to flee. Wow again - more impactful.
Think what you may - it is a such a blessing to have people who act on the promptings from the Lord and witness boldly. Thank you Alan and Cindy Nickson.

No comments: