Thursday, November 15, 2007

Books

I hope that we always have books. I love their covers. I love opening one for the first time. I don't dog ear pages. I do highlight and write in them sometimes. The Scholastic book fair is currently happening at my son's school. It is energizing to me to see the library stuffed to capactity with cases of colorful new books. I guess that is what has me going about books right now. I think too I am contemplating a good holiday read. What should it be?

My most current reads have been:
Junie B Jones Aloha-Ha
Life on the Vine by Kenneson
Discipleship by Bonhoeffer
Ethics by Bonhoeffer
Christ and the Moral Life by Gustafson
Heroes, Saints and Ordinary Morality by Flescher
The Pigeon Finds a Hotdog

I've dabbled with the Audacity of Hope by Barak Obama and will finish that over the holidays.

So now I need something for the holidays. Any suggestions. Just an fyi I am not into historical fiction or Sci-Fi. So bring on any other ideas.

2 comments:

Scott said...

On the light side: have you read any of Alexander McCall Smith's Scotland series? I haven't yet, was wondering if it was as good as the African series.

Arlene Kasselman said...

Scott I have not. I think I will check it out though. I get so excited when the "required" reading is over for the semester or for teaching class etc and I can indulge in the "want to read books."
Thanks for the suggestion.